For Your Protection
What you need to know about keep your banking secure
Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you use our Services to create or access an account, fill out an application or form, or otherwise interact with us. The types of information about you that we collect include your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s license information
- Any information you provide to us to obtain a product or service or that you otherwise provide to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as when you verify your identity (such as when you access your account information).
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and App version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Your Content: With your permission, we collect information and content stored on your device, such as your contacts.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from identity verification services, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers. This information includes information to verify your identity for proper data security as well as attribution data related to advertising.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address.
We use the information we collect for various business and commercial purposes. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop new products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Process your application or transactions;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Hanmi Bank and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Manage or offer debit or credit card related rewards programs;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Hanmi Bank and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information).
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as service providers, vendors, consultants, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Hanmi Bank and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Hanmi Bank is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
Correct and Access Information
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or visiting your local branch or calling our Customer Call Center at (855) 773-8778.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Hanmi Bank by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your permission, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
- SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application.
|Category of Cookies||Why we use these cookies|
|Technical||These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.|
|Preferences||We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.|
|Security||We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.|
|Performance||We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.|
|Analytics||We use these cookies to help us understand improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.|
|Advertising||We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful for visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.|
Device IDs: If you access our app using a mobile device, the advertising identifier associated with your device or other identifiers may be recorded and used for purposes similar to those of cookies.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook or Google Ads settings.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
US Consumer Privacy Notice
We’re Here to Help
You’ve got a team of experts on your side. Whether you have a simple question or need a comprehensive banking solution, we’re here for you.
Visit a local Hanmi Bank branch near you
Find addresses, phone numbers, and business hours for your Hanmi Bank branches and ATMs. We’re here for face-to-face support in person.