Notice at Collection
For Your Protection
What you need to know about keep your banking secure
Last Updated: January 1, 2023
If you are a California employee, employee applicant, or contractor of Hanmi Bank, please refer to the Hanmi Bank Privacy Notice for California Employees for a description of Hanmi Bank’s privacy practices in that context.
California Notice of Information Collected and/or Disclosed
While Hanmi Bank offers a wide variety of financial services, this California Privacy Notice only informs you about the Personal Information we collect from you unrelated to the offering of financial products and services to you. Moreover, we may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to on any of our websites, your mobile device, our mobile app, through email, in physical locations, through the mail, over the telephone, and/or in any other situation where we interact with you. More specifically, Hanmi Bank collects the following categories of Personal Information from you, which will depend on the particular Business Purpose for which we collect it:
|Categories of Personal Information||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a Consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data.||Approximate city location.|
|Sensory data.||Audio (such as call recordings), video recordings.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, or behavior.|
Personal Information does not include deidentified information or aggregate Consumer information.
Hanmi Bank obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms or surveys you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things.
- Third parties. For example, third party partners with whom we offer rewards or other programs may give us information about you.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you disclose your name and contact information to ask us a question or inquire about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To contact you and to inform you about products, services, promotions, special offers, and/or events that may interest you.
- Manage or offer debit or credit card related rewards programs;
- To provide you information about our products and services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your information with us.
- To process your requests and prevent fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your App or Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including customized offers and ads through our website, mobile applications, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our App or Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For research, analysis, and business development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the applicable law or subsequently agreed to by you.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hanmi Bank’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Hanmi Bank about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Hanmi Bank has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Service providers, information technology, customer service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Geolocation data.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
Sales of Personal Information
California law provides for certain disclosures about Personal Information we “sell,” which means certain scenarios in which Hanmi Bank has disclosed Personal Information with third parties or affiliates, in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Hanmi Bank has not sold Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes we disclose in this policy.
Targeted Advertising and California Sharing of Personal Information
The CPRA requires that we notify you if we “Share” your Personal Information with third parties. For purposes of the CPRA, “Sharing” means that we make available or otherwise disclose your information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, such as targeting of advertising to you based on your Personal Information obtained from your activity across businesses, websites, apps, and services other than our Services. We do not share your Personal Information.
Your Consumer Rights and Choices
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, and to access your information, (2) request deletion of your Personal Information, (3) request correction of your Personal Information, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, correction, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable Consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 855-773-8778, or;
- Completing the online Hanmi Bank Data Request Form.
Only you or a person authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable Consumer request related to your Personal Information. If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please call us at 855-773-8778.
Changes to Our California Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date at the top of this policy and in, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice, such as adding a statement of notice on the App and Website or sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
ATTN: Compliance Department
3660 Wilshire Blvd., PH-A
Los Angeles, CA 90010
We’re Here to Help
You’ve got a team of experts on your side. Whether you have a simple question or need a comprehensive banking solution, we’re here for you.
Visit a local Hanmi Bank branch near you
Find addresses, phone numbers, and business hours for your Hanmi Bank branches and ATMs. We’re here for face-to-face support in person.
Call us at
Help is just a phone call away. Our Customer Call Center is open Monday ~ Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM PT for your personal and business banking needs.