Everyday Checking, Exceptional Features
Checking Options with You in Mind
At Hanmi Bank, we understand everyone has different needs. That’s why we’ve designed various personal checking accounts for you to choose from. From accounts with zero maintenance fees to ones with a broad range of services, our checking accounts feature a variety of options to suit your personal financial needs.
Enjoy the monthly maintenance fee free checking account for everyday needs that puts you in control
- $50 minimum balance to open
- No monthly maintenance charge
- Access to more than 40,000 surcharge free ATMs1
Personal Regular Checking
Enjoy the convenience of full account service including unlimited access
- $100 minimum balance to open
- $7 monthly maintenance charge waived when minimum balance requirement is met2
- Access to more than 40,000 surcharge free ATMs1
Super Plus Checking
Earn interest while enjoying unlimited check writing and account access
- $2,500 minimum balance to open
- Interest bearing account
- $6 monthly maintenance charge waived when minimum balance requirement is met3
1MoneyPass networks are free; however, a fee may be charged for access through other ATM networks and may vary depending on the network provider.
2For Personal Regular Checking, monthly maintenance charge can be waived if a minimum daily balance of $500, or average daily balance of $1,000 during each statement is maintained
3For Super Plus Checking, monthly maintenance charge can be waived if a minimum daily balance of $2,500, or average daily balance of $5,000 during each statement is maintained
Debit Card Benefits
Enjoy the benefits that comes with your debit card.
Earn reward points every time you make a purchase using your debit card
- Earn one point for every two dollars spent
- Rewards points are redeemable for travel points, gift cards, and more
- Redeem points with a simple click of the button
- Cash back is available
All Hanmi customers with debit cards were enrolled in the text fraud alerts program
- All you have to do is respond to the text to confirm the transaction
- If you indicate the transaction is not authorized by you, you will receive another message with a number to call for follow-up
- If not, you are all set. The system will mark the transaction as legitimate
Add Hanmi Debit Card to a digital wallet on mobile devices and pay with a tap
- Ease of Use – Streamlines the checkout process with contactless payment
- Safer Transactions – Provides an added layer of security with the use of biometrics like fingerprint and face recognition technology
- Convenience – Stores debit card info on your phone. This creates less clutter and reduces chances of losing your card
Our Personal Checking Account Benefits
Our quality customer care includes:
Hanmi Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Be assured that your deposits are safe up to FDIC limits.
Enjoy over 40,000 ATMs
Hanmi Bank partners with the MoneyPass1 ATM Network, so you can conveniently withdraw cash without worrying about fees.
Send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes. Zelle® is a safe and free2 way to send money to friends and family.
1 MoneyPass networks are free; however, a fee may be charged for access through other ATM networks and may vary depending on the network provider
2 Mobile network carrier fees may apply. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle. Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Simple, Easy & Secure
Open an account online
- Contactless online account opening means you can open an account virtually any time you want, no matter where you are
- Securely fund your account by instantly verifying an external bank account and transferring the funds electronically
- Open your account in about 5 minutes
Are Hanmi Bank deposit accounts FDIC insured?
Yes. Hanmi Bank is a member of the FDIC, so your deposit accounts with us are insured up to $250,000 per account owner per institution and per ownership category.
What is Hanmi Bank’s routing number and SWIFT code?
Hanmi Bank’s routing number is 122039399 (paper, electronic, & wire transfers) and SWIFT code is HANMUS6L.
How can I order checks?
If you need to order checks for your personal or business account, please click here. You can also customize your checks with any style you wish.
What information or documentation is needed to apply for a new checking account?
To apply for a new checking account, you’ll need your Social Security number, one valid form of primary identification (driver’s license, valid passport, government-issued ID with photo and signature), and minimum required opening deposit (amount varies depending on type of account).
We’re Here to Help
You’ve got a team of experts on your side. Whether you have a simple question or need a comprehensive banking solution, we’re here for you.
Visit a local Hanmi Bank branch near you
Find addresses, phone numbers, and business hours for your Hanmi Bank branches and ATMs. We’re here for face-to-face support in person.