Personal Certificate of Deposit
Give Your Savings a Boost
Secure Your Financial Dreams
Whether your goals are long or short-term, a CD’s guaranteed return will help you get there.
Certificate of Deposit
Want competitive, fixed interest rates on a variety of terms
- 1 to 3 years term CDs
- Fixed interest rates on a variety terms
- $1,000 minimum balance to open
CDs will automatically renew at maturity for the original term, excluding Promo CDs. A penalty may be imposed on withdrawals made before maturity. The early withdrawal penalty may reduce the principal balance.
What you can expect from Hanmi Bank CDs
No Monthly Maintenance Fees
With our CDs, there are no surprises. Zero monthly service fees let you reach your goals faster.
Once you set up a CD, you lock in your interest rate allowing you to calculate your return.
Hanmi Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Be confidently assured that your deposits are safe up to FDIC limits.
What is a Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
A CD is a type of investment or savings account with a fixed rate and term provided by the bank.
Why do people open CD accounts?
There are many different reasons to put money into a CD:
- Saving for retirement
- Down payment on a house
- Low-risk investment with guaranteed return
- Controlling your budget
- Saving for education
- Buying a car
My CD is maturing soon. Is there anything I need to do?
You will receive a maturity letter from us via postal mail approximately thirty (30) days prior to the maturity date. Once the CD matures, you will have seven (7) calendar days, known as the grace period, to decide on one of the following options:
- Automatic Renewal – If you do not take any action, the CD will automatically renew to the same CD term, unless specified otherwise. (Promo CDs will automatically renew to a different term from the original term. Terms are described in the following question.)
- Change CD – You can change the CD to a different product or term.
- Close CD – You can close the CD and request the principal and interest be transferred to another account or be sent to you as a cashier check.
What happens when a CD automatically renews?
If you do not contact us to make changes to your CD during the grace period, the CD will automatically renew to another term. CD interest rate and APY may change to the current rate at the time of the renewal. Please note that different CDs may auto renew at different terms.
- Regular CD – Automatically renews at maturity for the same term
- Premium CD – Automatically renews at maturity for the same term
- Online Promo CD
- The 9-month Promo CD will renew as a Regular 12-month CD after the first maturity and will renew as Regular 12-month CDs thereafter
- The 18-month Promo CD will renew as a Regular 24-month CD after the first maturity and will renew as Regular 24-month CDs thereafter
How is interest calculated for my CD?
Interest is simple interest and will not be compounded
Is there an early withdrawal penalty for my CD?
A penalty may be imposed for withdrawal made before maturity. Early Withdrawal Penalty may reduce the principle balance. The Early Withdrawal Penalty for each CD is as follows
- Regular CD – One (1) to three (3) months simple interest of the opening balance, dependent on term.
- Premium CD – One (1) month simple interest of the opening balance
- Promo CD
- 9-month – One (1) month simple interest of the opening balance
- 18-month – Three (3) month simple interest of the opening balance
We’re Here to Help
You’ve got a team of experts on your side. Whether you have a simple question or need a comprehensive banking solution, we’re here for you.
Visit a local Hanmi Bank branch near you
Find addresses, phone numbers, and business hours for your Hanmi Bank branches and ATMs. We’re here for face-to-face support in person.