News & Stories
Let’s Stay Connected
Get the latest on Hanmi news and stories.
How to Spot Scam Job Advertisements
Online job listings have become a handy tool for recruiters to reach a large pool of potential employees. It also offers job seekers the ability to search for job opportunities they would otherwise not have access to. Unfortunately, this useful tool is also exploited by scammers and cyber criminals who pose as legitimate employers.
Here are some things to consider when assessing whether a job listing is a scam:
- Legit employers, including the federal government, will not require you to pay to get the job, i.e., through purchasing equipment or paying for background checks.
- If the job posting only appears on job board sites, but is not found on the company’s official website, it could be a scam.
- If the interview is not conducted in person or through a trusted and secure video call, and the interviewer is otherwise able to hide their identity, they could be a scammer.
- Online testimonials of current or former employees working with the company could be misleading or posted by the scammers using fake profiles.
- When in doubt, do an online search of the company name or your interviewer’s name, followed by the words “scam,” or “complaint” and see if anyone else has reported being scammed by them.
- Legitimate employers will not ask for credit card information or other PII (personally identifiable information) as a requirement for hiring. If the employer is asking for such information, it is likely a scam.
준비된 전문가들에게 문의하세요. 간단한 질문에서부터 종합적인 뱅킹 솔루션까지 성심껏 도와드립니다.
가까운 한미은행 지점에 방문하세요
계신 곳에서 가까운 한미은행 지점과 ATM의 주소, 전화번호와 영업시간을 안내해 드립니다. 고객분들을 언제나 웃음으로 맞이하겠습니다.