7 days to 3 years (California region), 5 days to 5 years (Texas, Illinois, East Coast region)
Minimum Balance to Open the Account:
Minimum Balance to Obtain Disclosed APY:
The interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) in effect at account opening will be paid until the maturity date. Please contact any Hanmi Bank branch to learn the current interest rate.
Interest Crediting Frequency:
- You can choose to have your interest credited monthly, quarterly, semiannually, annually, or at maturity (if term is 1 year or less).
- Interest may be credited to your account or another checking/savings account you have with us, or paid by check.
Early Withdrawal Penalties:
- A penalty may be imposed for withdrawal made before maturity. Early Withdrawal Penalty may reduce the principle balance.
- For the term longer than one (1) year, the penalty amount will be equal to three (3) months’ simple interest of the opening balance.
- For the term 32 days to one (1) year, the penalty amount will be equal to one (1) month’s simple interest of the opening balance.
- For the term seven (7) to thirty one (31), the penalty amount will be the greater of (1) all interest earned on the opening balance, or (2) seven days’ simple interest of the opening balance, or (3) simple interest of opening balance for the one-half of the original term.
- You may not make additional deposits into your account before maturity.
- You can only withdraw interest credited in the term before the maturity date without penalty.
- Withdrawals during the term will be considered as Early Withdrawal.
Non-Automatically Renewable Time Deposit:
Renewal of Time Deposit:
- This CD account will automatically renew at maturity
- Each renewal term will be the same as the original term, beginning on the maturity date
- The interest rate will be the same we offer on new Certificate of Deposits on the maturity date which have the same features as the original CD account
The daily balance method will be used to calculate the interest. The method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in the account each day
Accrual of Interest on Noncash Deposits:
- You may prevent renewal if you withdraw the funds at maturity (or within the grace period (7 calendar days)) or provide us written notice within the grace period
- If either you or we prevent renewal, interest will not accrue after the maturity
Daily Balance Computation Method: