For Your Protection
What you need to know about keep your banking secure.
Recognition of Your Expectation of Privacy
We recognize and respect the privacy expectations of our customers. We also recognize and understand the need to safeguard any information our customers share with us. We will maintain standards and procedures designed to prevent misuse of this information.
Our Use, Collection, and Retention of Customer Information
You can browse our website anonymously without identifying yourself during your visit. We will only obtain and use information where we reasonably believe it would be useful and allowed by law to administer our business and to provide products, services, and other opportunities to our customers.
Our Maintenance of Accurate Information
We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and as accurate as possible in accordance with commercial standards. If you notice any information you provided us is inaccurate or outdated, please notify our customer services as soon as possible. We will correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Limiting Employee Access to Information
We will limit employee access to personally identifiable information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. We will educate employees so that they will understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. Employees who violate their privacy responsibilities will be subject to our disciplinary process.
Security Procedures to Protect Information
We will maintain appropriate security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access of your confidential information.
Restriction on the Disclosure of Account Information
We will not reveal any specific customer information to any unaffiliated third parties unless the information is provided to help complete a customer initiated transaction, the customer requests it, or the disclosure is required by or allowed by law.
Maintaining Our Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties
Looking out for children
We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents. While Hanmi Bank works to protect your personal information, you also have responsibilities. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of nonaffiliated third parties to which our websites may link.
- Internet safety for children – The internet is a public network. Children’s access to the Internet can allow them to visit inappropriate websites and be exposed to unwanted risks. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), protects children under the age of 13 from the online collection of personal information. Learn more about COPPA on the Federal Trade Commission’s website. Parents can be proactive by installing filtering software that gives them more control over their family’s Internet experience.
- Cyber ethics for children – Cyber ethics is the practice of being a good citizen on the Internet superhighway. Kids should understand the rules of the road, too. Learn more by visiting the U.S. Department of Justice’s kids and youth Web site.
Link to non-Hanmi Bank sites
Notice of changes
This policy was last reviewed on May, 2017.
US Consumer Privacy Notice
California Consumer Privacy Notice
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), this notice explains what categories of personal information Hanmi Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hanmi Financial Corporation (“Company”), collects about California consumers and the purposes for which the information may be used.
The Company may collect the following categories of personal information (please note the examples provided are illustrative and not meant to constitute an exhaustive list):
- Identifiers, including name, address, email address, Social Security number, and driver’s license;
- Payment or Financial Information, including customer records containing personal information;
- Categories of personal information in California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), including signature, telephone number, age, citizenship, and marital status;
- Commercial Information, including information about Hanmi Bank services obtained or considered;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing and search history;
- Geolocation data, including exact location of your device;
- Biometric information, including fingerprint or keystroke patterns on certain computers;
- Audio or visual information, including video recordings in our branch locations;
- Professional, employment or education-related information, including job and education history; and
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of information.
The Company may use the categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- To develop, provide and improve our products and services;
- Provide the services for which the information was provided, including to complete the transaction(s) you request and to maintain our ongoing business relationship with you;
- To respond to your communications or send notifications related to your account;
- To communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you;
- To personalize your user experience on our platforms;
- To comply with our regulatory, compliance and legal obligations; and
- For security, identification and fraud prevention purposes.
This notice does not address or apply to any of the nonpublic information we collect about our consumers pursuant to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or otherwise subject to an exemption under CCPA Section 1794.145.
How to exercise your rights
To submit a Consumer Rights Request, please submit a completed webform available here, California Consumer Rights Request From.