Things that you need to know about coronavirus
COVID-19 UPDATES FROM HANMI BANK
March 27, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
All of us at Hanmi Bank know how much you are counting on us as your trusted financial services provider. As the novel coronavirus [COVID-19] affects our lives in unprecedented ways, we are here to support you in any way that we can. Our priority during this difficult time is looking after you, our employees and our impacted communities.
In an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, we recently adopted a number of preventative measures:
- Bank with us virtually anywhere, anytime:
- Our online banking and mobile banking service allows you to conduct many of your banking transactions such as pay bills, deposit checks, transfer money and check balance all while you are safe at home.
- If you are facing financial hardships as a result of COVID-19, please contact your account representative to discuss available options.
- Social Distancing:
- We are actively promoting social distancing by asking you to stand 6 feet apart and limiting the number of customers allowed in the branches at one time.
- If you are displaying any visible symptoms, we may ask you to use an alternate method of service, such as our ATMs, mobile or online banking solutions, or by contacting our Call Center.
- Reduced lobby hours:
- All branches are closing one hour earlier than normal, Monday through Friday.
- Branches will suspend Saturday hours beginning March 28, starting with California region.
- Please see www.hanmi.com/about-us/locations for more details.
- Temporary branch closures in Los Angeles:
- The Olympic-Kingsley branch and Fashion District branch in Los Angeles with alternate service location within 1 mile radius will be temporarily closed.
- Drive thru service only (where available):
- All branches with drive thru service have suspended lobby service.
- All drive through service opens at 9:00 AM.
Hanmi Bank is well-prepared and ready to respond to this fluid situation. We have taken steps and put plans in place to avoid material disruptions in service.
We will continue to adapt as the situation progresses. We appreciate your patience and support.
Please stay safe and take good care of yourself and your loved ones.
A message from the CEO regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 19, 2020
Dear valued Hanmi customers,
We outlined various proactive measures that Hanmi is taking to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities amidst growing concerns regarding the novel coronavirus [COVID‐19] in our earlier correspondence. We also highlighted a number of alternative banking channels—in addition to our branches that remain open—to ensure that service levels for our customers remain uninterrupted. I am very pleased with the Hanmi team and their ability to maintain the level of service that you—our valued customers—have come to know and expect from us.
With the uncertainty unleashed by COVID‐19, capital markets around the world are facing unprecedented volatility. The major stock indices in the United States and around the globe are sharply lower over the past several weeks. Individual stock prices of banks and other financial institutions have similarly been affected.
Despite market conditions, Hanmi remains very well‐capitalized and has ample liquid resources. Our regulatory capital ratios are very strong, and I believe we are well positioned to address these challenging times. I also want to make it clear that we are committed to maintaining open and clear communications with all of the Bank’s important stakeholders, including you.
As we continue to navigate this dynamic environment, we also remain focused on the tasks at hand—supporting our employees, valued customers and building Hanmi for the future. Thank you for your continued loyalty and confidence in Hanmi.
President and Chief Executive Officer
A note to our customers about the Coronavirus
March 17, 2020
Dear valued Hanmi customers,
As your trusted financial partner, protecting the safety and health of our customers, employees and the communities we serve is our priority amidst the growing concerns about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our thoughts are with those who have been impacted.
We are closely monitoring the latest reports from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as federal, state and local government agencies in order to adapt quickly to ongoing developments.
What we have done
To that end, we have taken the following proactive measures to ensure your safety and to minimize the spread of the virus.
- Hand sanitizers are available at corporate offices and all branches in high usage areas.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning at all branches, which includes disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, desks and other office supplies.
- Employee travel restrictions are in place and we are encouraging the CDC recommended practice of social distancing for non-essential meetings.
We're here to help
We are committed to ensuring that your banking transactions and services are uninterrupted during this time. Our branches remain open and ready to assist you, but please note you can also take advantage of alternate channels.
- Online banking and mobile banking are available 24/7 where you can conduct most of your transactions such as check balances, transfer funds, deposit checks, pay bills and find the nearest ATMs.
- If you are facing financial hardships as a result of the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19), please contact your account representative to discuss available options.
- If you have any questions, please contact our branch or Customer Call Center by calling our toll free number at (855) 773-8778 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM.
What you can do
Below are some preventative measures for the benefit of the community.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with those showing symptoms such as fever or cough. If you are feeling unwell, please limit your exposure to others.
- Additional information can be found on the CDC Website.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate the evolving landscape. We will continue to monitor the situation keenly and provide further updates if changing circumstances cause us to take further action to support our customers, employees, and communities.
At Hanmi, we believe in the power of our communities to come together during challenging times. Thank you for being a loyal customer as we navigate this dynamic situation.
We're Here To Help