Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an envelope referencing “Important Privacy Choices for Consumers” again this year. What is this?
2. I previously opted out of information sharing. Do I have to opt out every time I get this notice?
No. Once you instruct us not to share your personal information with others (unless permitted or required by law), your opt-out choice remains in effect and your personal information will not be shared until you revoke your choice.
3. I previously opted out of information sharing. Why am I receiving these notices again? Can Hanmi Bank stop sending them in the future?
4. Does Hanmi Bank share its customers’ information with other companies?
Last year Hanmi Bank decided to share our customers’ information with our affiliates to serve our customers’ other financial needs that Hanmi Bank cannot meet by itself. However, sharing our customers’ information with our affiliates hasn’t happened yet.
5. What if I allow Hanmi Bank to share my personal information with others, who will Hanmi Bank share my personal information with?
Hanmi Bank may share your personal information only with Hanmi Bank’s affiliates. Hanmi Bank currently has only three affiliates: Hanmi Financial Corporation (The Holding Company for Hanmi Bank), Chun-Ha Insurance Services, Inc. (a subsidiary of Hanmi Financial Corp.), and All World Insurance Services, Inc. (a subsidiary of Hanmi Financial Corp.).
6. What if I allow Hanmi Bank to share my personal information with its affiliates, what kind of personal information will be shared? Will my sensitive personal information such as my social security number be shared with its affiliates?
The main reason for sharing customers’ information with our affiliates is to introduce products, services and other opportunities our affiliates offer, which may interest and benefit you. Therefore, the only information to be shared with our affiliates is your contact information and other information needed to discern what products or services that may be appropriate for you. Even if you allow us to share your personal information with our affiliates, sensitive information like your social security number will not be shared with our affiliates.
7. What if I do not submit the opt-out request to Hanmi Bank, will my personal information be shared?
By law you’re deemed to consent to information sharing unless you submit opt-out request. If you do not want us to share your personal information with our affiliates, please make sure to opt out.
8. If I don’t want my personal information to be shared, what do I need to do?
You need to indicate your opt-out choices on both of federal & State Privacy notices, complete other required information, and mail the completed forms back to us.
Privacy Notice required by Federal regulations:
Privacy Notice required by California Regulation:
9. Is there any other way to submit my opt-out request to Hanmi Bank?
You can fax completed opt-out request forms to us using the toll-free fax number (1-855-344-2664) on the privacy notice. You can also electronically submit your opt-out request at our website (http://survey.hanmi.com/privacy/).
10. The fax number is not working. What should I do?
When multiple customers try to fax their opt-out request form at the same time, all customers may not successfully fax their opt-out request. Please try to fax it some other time or try to electronically submit your opt-out request at our website (http://survey.hanmi.com/privacy/).
11. I have more than one account with Hanmi Bank or I have a joint account with someone else. Do I need to submit my opt-out request separately for each account or each account holder?
No. You may indicate all of the accounts belonged to you and your joint account holder on an opt-out request forms and may submit them once for all. Your opt-out choice will apply to the entire accounts and account holders.
12. If Hanmi Bank sent this notice, why does Hanmi Bank ask my account number? Shouldn’t Hanmi Bank know my account number already?
There is no pre-printed personally identifiable information on the opt-out request forms unless you provide it on the forms. If you do not provide your account number, we may not be able to distinguish you from those who have the same name as yours, which may cause us not to properly record your opt-out request into our system.
13. Is there any time limit to respond back to the Privacy Notice?
There is no deadline for you to opt out. You can opt out at any time, but note that your personal information may be shared with our affiliates until you opt out.
14. I have never submitted an opt-out request to Hanmi Bank. Why does Hanmi Bank’s record indicate that I already instructed Hanmi Bank not to share my personal information with its affiliates?
One account holder of a joint account can decide the privacy options for all the account holders. You may have a joint account for which one of the other account holders have previously submitted an opt-out request.