How to Protect Yourself from Online Fraud – Commercial Banking Customers
Commercial internet banking customers tend to be exposed to higher level of risk primarily due to fund transfer capability. We recommend commercial internet banking customers consider following security guidelines.
- Have employees sign an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) annually or as needed
- Provide annual security awareness training to employees
- Prior to hire, run background check on new employee
- Make sure your computer systems are equipped with up-to-date antivirus software
- Ensure that proper process is in place for software updates and patches (i.e. Operation System, Internet Browser, Acrobat Adobe and etc.)
- Make sure that appropriate level of access is assigned to your employee
- Ensure your firewall protection exist in your company’s network
- Consider other network protection such as IDS/IPS, Internet Content Filtering and Email Filtering as your added control measure
- Apply auto-lock feature after specified period of inactivity
- Physically secure all your critical systems including computers and network equipment that are used to access internet banking
- Secure your password at all time
If you have any additional questions regarding commercial banking customer guideline, please contact our electronic banking department via telephone at (213) 427-4277, via U.S. Mail at 3660 Wilshire Blvd #1000, Los Angeles, CA 90010, or visit one of our branches in person.